Saturday 15 March 2008

It's My Birthday!!

Well, here I am entering my thirties, argh!
Bit scary but feel I have alot to show for my life. I have three beautiful children and because of many miscarriages and one horrific car crash I feel like the luckiest mother on the planet. I have a wonderful, dedicated, loving husband. I have a lovely home, although it may be cluttered and pushing the far boundaries of 'shabby chic' it's our home and I love to be in it. I have a new business and a flare for creating. I also have three elderly, slightly neurotic cats, but the less said about that the better!
I also have some wonderful friends and have received some wonderful presents; from my oldest friend, Heather, I got some beautiful jewelry, thanks! And I have a rather expensive bottle of champagne, thanks Gil! And from Swirly Lynsey I got, amongst other things, a fabby little book for ideas, like me she dreams of making things too! She has covered the book in knitting patterns as it's one of my new skills. On random pages throughout the book there are scribblings by her and her two small daughters, something to surprise me in years to come...


Elizabeth made me a birthday mask, I hate to say it but I didn't wear it when we went out shopping, bad Mummy!




I also got some marvelous cards (my favourite bit of birthdays, I have a huge box groaning with special cards upstairs), both Elizabeth and Francesca made me glittery masterpieces. These are my favourites...




Closely followed by this one from Lynsey, the card has been made by her friend Ruth and features 'Big Cook Ben' from the BBC children's programme 'Big Cook, Little Cook'. Anyone who knows me knows I have a bit of a thing for him, if he turned up on my doorstep and asked me to run off into the sunset with him I would find it hard to resist! The sad thing is; I think it's alot to do with the outfit, he had a part in another programme a few years ago and I didn't think him nearly as fanciable in his civvies!



Here's a rather snazzy hat from the in-law's;



Francesca was very upset at bedtime last night and the conversation went a bit like this,
"You're so beautiful Mummy"
"Thanks but why are you crying?"
"Because," she sobbed "30 is so old and tomorrow you'll be all crinkled!"
Trying not to laugh I assured her that I'm not so very old and I would most probably still look the same in the morning. After close examination at breakfast we have discovered that I have no more wrinkles than I had yesterday, phew!!
And finally, a card from my friend Caroline, with a sentiment we should live by all year round, not just on birthdays..



Go, now, and eat cake!
Daisie xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! Glad you like the card had lots of fun making it!!

Daisie said...

Love the card, just a shame it didn't come with the real thing inside, now that would have been a birthday surprise!! Thanks! X

Bethany Eowyn said...

Happy Belated Birthday Alex! Sounds like you had a lovely day. x