Monday 13 October 2008

Ugh And 'Oh No!'

It's walk to school week and guess what, it's raining! Ugh, bit wet but Francesca will have loads of points, hurrah!! That's the ugh over with.

Now onto the 'oh no'

I told you about wrestling a big sheet and some patchwork daisies. Well here it is, my table covering for the up and coming fair;




I very enthusiastically chopped up lots of petals from the fabrics that were easily to hand and promptly pinned them all onto the sheet on Friday. After a couple of hours on Saturday and then sitting up with the sewing machine until very late last night. It's really hard to turn such a big piece of fabric :-( or maybe I just need more practice?! I placed it on the dining room table (slightly bigger then the table I'll be using but you get the idea). I summoned Simon to come and admire my handiwork. He said; 'very nice. OK' in a very unexcited tone. 'What?' say I. 'Well, it would look better if all the flowers were different and not the petals.' And 'OH NO!!!!!!' I think my husband may be right! Do I need to (get Simon to) unpick it all and start again? Should I have a flower in each of the fabrics so it doesn't look quite as busy? Oh no!!!!!!!!! Argh!!!!!!!!!!!! What is a girl to do? Please help ( not like last time I asked for advice and only the lovely Jenny came to the rescue) tell me what you think and I'll count up and see what to do at the weekend.
Thanking you, Daisie xxx

11 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

Hmmm - not sure. It would maybe more striking if the flowers were one colour but you can clearly see that they are daisies. I quite like it as is and it depends if you can be bothered to unpick it all - would that time be better spent making stock?

Michelle said...

I think it's lovely just the way it is, no changes needed!

Pixiedust said...

Its lovely daisie, and really doesn't look out of place. If you wanted to make some changes, why not sponge or dry brush fabric paint onto the centre daisie bits to make them a bit different. Just an idea.

Jude said...

No,don't change a thing, it's lovely.

Sweet Mess said...

It is just a bit more whimsical this way! :)
I agree with Swirly, you should spend that time making more lovely crafts.

Twiggy said...

I like it, why not have a banner strung above the flowers saying Daisie Days or something to finish it off?
Twiggy x

Daisie said...

Oh, Twiggy, now you have me confused.....does it look unfinished? There is more to go on the stall so keep watching. Eeek!!

Tip Top said...

You could put your name in the corner with the letters cut out of the darker fabric.....

But do agree with Swirly!

Sharon said...

No, don't unpick it!It's lovely! I like the idea of adding your name (centre of big daisies?)if you can be bothered, but swirly's right concentrate on the stock!

jennyflowerblue said...

I think your first instincts are generally correct. If Simon was making this it probably would look better in botanically correct flowers but it's you and I think that this cloth gives customers across the room a good idea of the 'mood' of your stall.

Julie said...

It is PERFECT just the way it is..., oh yeah and thanks for the cake idea, am filing it away for future reference! X