Wednesday 12 November 2008

Blimey

There she goes again with those enticing blog titles, I hear you cry!

I am sitting on the sofa in my dressing gown eating a badly made sandwich with one hand, trying to type and snuggle a boy with the other.

Nathaniel is ill, wheezing like a little old man :-( we are off to the doctors again after school. His chest is terrible! Always wheezy, snotty, coughy. Don't know where I went wrong? Perhaps it's that he's a boy and the girls were just more hardy? Anyhoo, to get back to the dressing gown situation........ He is very tired and grumpy ( especially as yesterday in a freak playing accident he dislocated his left elbow and spent the morning at the hospital having it pushed back together, boys!) so I thought if I took him to bed and laid down for a snuggle he would drop off and then I'd be able to sneak away and do some jobs. He did fall asleep but just as I was moving away he sat up and puked all over me. It was one of those moments where the sheer surprise of the event stops you from breathing! I grabbed him so I wouldn't have to change the bed again. I didn't know quite where to start the clean up so I did the most sensible thing I could; climbed into the bath! I stripped off our stinky wet clothes and put the taps on. Once the water was warm and deep enough I lowered him down and scrubbed. He was highly delighted to be in the bath with Mummy as that doesn't happen very often as there are usually sisters in there too. He spent ages washing my face very gently with his sponge, ah!

I felt I had to make a post as I haven't done for a couple of days and I miss it when I don't have my half hour ramble to blogland. I have been reading blogs though and have been excited by this weeks This Is... (you know the one I mean), not sure who started it or decides but am sure someone will let me know. This week it's favourite quotes. I have two which pretty much sum up my life. The first is an excerpt from a letter from Vincent Van Gogh to his brother Theo (does that count?): "I have put my heart and soul into my art and fear I have half lost my mind in the process." I feel like that often, just replace the word art with laundry/evening meal/homework/children/friends/knitting (I have to stop now, this list could be quite long). And the other is by Morrissey (swoon), I think it was a Smiths song but can't for the life of me remember which (again I'm sure someone will set me straight in the comments) "You can say I won't make it but I never said I wanted to, well, did I?!" It felt very relivant when I was 14 and it still does in so many ways.

There are no pictures and for that I apologise, maybe I'll manage to get back later.....?

Daisie xxx

3 comments:

Tip Top said...

Oh dear! Samuel used to puke for fun. Jacob is tight and does not part with food very easily! So I know what you mean in being covered in vomit!

Sharon said...

Ah the poor baby! Hope he's beter soon!:)

Pixiedust said...

Hope he's feeling better soon. xxx