Wednesday 17 December 2008

Lurgy, Lurgy, Lurgy

Blimey, we are so poorly!!

I packed Nathaniel and Francesca into the car to go and collect Elizabeth and bring her home for a quick feed before the evening performance of the school Christmas play. I was greeted by a very hot girl in tears complaining of "aching in my fingers"

Off home we went, I shoved some calpol down her neck and the children had a quick 'tea' of left over pizza and quality street! Always health conscious when in a rush!!

We collected Simon from work (he was skiving especially to come watch the play, shh) and went to school. Elizabeth went off to get changed etc while the rest of us went to find a seat. Francesca had fallen asleep in the car and was not in the best of moods but soon perked up when the rest of her class came on and she was able to join in all the songs. Elizabeth was up next and she was brilliant but she looked flushed and droopy:-(

We awoke this morning to the sound of coughing. I gave everyone some calpol and Francesca had her inhaler and her antibiotics and promptly went back to sleep. Nathaniel also went back to bed. Elizabeth seemed a bit brighter once the paracetamol had kicked in and had had some breakfast so we made our Christmas cake;



The fruit has been soaking for a week in some brandy, I didn't have enough so I topped it up with some sherry, they looked so fat and juicy and smelled delicious;



Elizabeth managed to put the eggs in without any shell! Here's an action shot;




I lost the family recipe (well, the one my mother-in-law uses and gave me on the back of an envelope years ago) so I just kind of remembered a bit and made up the rest. It looked ok when it went in the oven;




We'll see what it looks like when it comes out in four hours or so, fingers crossed!

I have a pile of hand sewing to do for some Christmas orders that needs to be done today so am going to dose everyone up again in a bit and put the fire on and bring down blankets and we'll snuggle up and watch some crap telly!

Daisie xxx

3 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

Oh dear - I hope you all feel better soon :)

Tip Top said...

Get well soon!

Jackie said...

Thats a very casual attitude to the precious christmas cake recipe! I would be worried sick..all those expensive ingredients. I hope you are all better soon. I wish i could have a session just doing hand sewing..I'm floundering under a mountain of ironing from ages ago and a very untidy dusty house.