Saturday 11 April 2009

Happy Easter!!

Probably won't have any computer time tomorrow as we are off to visit the in-laws at their little cottage in the woods in Shropshire. Family Sunday lunch awaits us! So I am wishing you all a happy weekend now!

I don't like the children eating lots of chocolate and even after years of telling people they still get sugary eggs from well meaning people :-( Books from more like minded people, this year I have bought them each a new item of clothing (not expensive might I add) to wear to visit posh Granny in the woods and have knitted them each a chick that will be handed over in a little plastic coloured egg. Blue for Elizabeth, yellow for Nathaniel, pink for Francesca (who else?!) and another yellow one for my MIL as a little thank you for offering to feed us all;




The chick's heads and bodies are just my knitted beads on a slightly larger scale. Not wanting the children to suspect what I was making but not wanting to wait to do it all until they went to bed I knitted a pile of coloured balls and was very vague when asked what they were for. Nathaniel knows some colours, one of those being yellow so he spent ages asking me (quite nicely) if he could 'catch' (throw) a 'ello ball' I assmebled the chick for Granny before he went to bed and Nathaniel announced, amazed, 'a is chin-kin!' So I think he will be pleased in the morning!

Enjoy your weekend!

Daisie xxx

7 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

Hah - the chicks do look fab! Have fun tomorrow ;)

Thecraftytrundler said...

Cute little chicks!! I totally agree with not buying loads of sweets & chocolate, for Aaliyah, I bought a little outfit of little jeans, and a stripey, polka dot hoodie!!
Have a lovely day tomorrow, and enjoy not having to cook!!!

HAPPY EASTER : )

Sharon xx

Sweet Mess said...

I love those chicks! That is a perfect little present for Easter! Makes me wish I could knit...

willow81 said...

Loving the chicks, chick! Happy Easter xxx

Tip Top said...

Hehehe! Yellow Chicken!! My only consolation is that when they have eaten them all thats it for another year!

Jackie said...

Happy Easter.

Jude said...

Hope you and your family had a good time in the woods!