Wednesday 17 June 2009

Excitement

Here in the Davies' household. My amazingly talented and genius like daughter (I have two but this case referes to Elizabeth) had been entered by her teacher into a children's literature festival competition. Elizabeth recieved a letter today at school, from someone not from school. As if this wasn't exciting enough it told her that her poem had been chosen and will be published in this years' anthology. We have all been invited to attend a presentation event on July 9th where she will be presented with her own copy of the book!

Today was already going quite well; I finished some more felt animals;


This time smaller and less time consuming but still cute. Apologies for the bad bad picture, the flash was way too bright on the lighter colours and made them look awful so I took a last shot of them in the kitchen. Not bad but you can see all the crumbs on my chopping board!

I also recieved a lovely email from a lady who bought a bright flowery shoulder bag from me at the fair saying how it was still making her smile and she would like me to come to her school craft fair so my stuff can make other people smile. How nice is that!!! Am looking forward to going and think that Swirly will be joining me too!

I also had a little accident here, ooops, more about that when it arrives, eek!

Daisie xxx

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I am carefully scrutinising all your pics for a hint to the mystery 'thing'
Nice bag and toys.

Twiggy said...

Hooray for Elizabeth, well done clever lady.
Look will you stop posting about Artymiss, cos I always follow the link and start thinking ooo look at that and my house isn't big enough for anymore stash ok :)
Twiggy x
PS Cute felt animals.