Monday 14 September 2009

Avoidance Tactics

Last night while packing an order from my Folksy Shop I found some of these tiny little stud like buttons in lovely earthy neutral tones;


I had an idea and in an attmept (well not techinically an attempt as it worked) to avoid doing anymore ironing I set about going through all my button tins and seeing how many I could find. I found lots! I strung them onto some elastic and ta-dah;


I really like it, it's funky and 'different' but quite chic and grown up at the same time. Sadly I didn't find enough to make any more last night but my search will continue and hopefully I can find enough to make another to go in afore mentioned shop.

No baby as yet but more killer back ache, am not hopeful though think we may have days left to go :-( Technically I'm not due until tomorrow so shouldn't be too fed up as he's not made an appearance!

Today I have had visitors, my oldest friend in the world (and she is ancient) well not really as she's a little younger then me but we have been friends since we started high school together a lifetime ago. She brought her wonderful baby son and her lovely mother. I have been forced to sit and drink tea and eat egg sandwiches and chat for a while and I feel rested. Maybe not rested enough to do the ironing though.

Might just snuggle my little man for a while instead....

Daisie xxx

PS: I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who has left me comments and sent emails over the last few days and apologise for being too huge and lazy to have replied! Normal service will be resumed shortly, one hopes! xxx

7 comments:

Gina said...

Every time I see a post from you I think maybe a baby today... I get quite excited! Suggest lots of snuggling and absolutely no ironing.

Jackie said...

Oh me too...
I hope you didn't drop any buttons on the floor!

jennyflowerblue said...

Gorgeous little mushroomy things all around your wrist- how cute! (I too keep having false excitement starts!)xxxx

My Passport to Style said...

Beautiful bangle! What a fab idea,babies always come when they are good and ready! Look after your back hunny.Sharon xx

MelMel said...

Hello....i love what you have made!
Hope your back gets better soon!x

JuliaB said...

Brilliant!

Chrissie said...

pretty boot-button bangle!