Tuesday 14 December 2010

Custom Monkeys

A while ago, well bloody ages if I'm honest, a friend asked me to make two monkeys for her two sons for Christmas. Being a friend and me knowing that they weren't needed until late in December kind of pushed them down the 'to-do' list. I feel bad, very bad. So yesterday while at home with a poorly Francesca (she was too ill to do her play *sob*) I cracked on and got them done;


They are steampunk inspired;


I love the guy on the right and his little felt waistcoat with silver button and vintage key;


The other one I'm not just as keen on. I wanted them to be different as they are going to live side by side and need their own identities but I would have loved them both in waistcoats with funky button watches! I had it in mind to make some flying goggles, I made some in felt but then abandoned that idea as I didn't want to give the poor little boy nightmares! I ended up embroidering around his eyes, they look a little more like specs than goggles but I'm pleased with how it makes his face look.

I so hope they're not a let down after the loooong wait!




Daisie xxx

2 comments:

Little Blue Mouse said...

They're great, and at first glance I liked the waistcoated one best but now you've pointed out the glasses I must say he's looking pretty good.

Twiggy said...

Ha ha they are fab - Twiglet was due to play a snowflake in his school play this afternoon and this evening but I had to pick him up from school at lunch time cos he is poorly - boo :( and I did loads of sewing on all the snowflake costumes - double boo :(
Hope your little lady is soon better.
Twiggy x